Wednesday, May 1, 2013

#22 Topper's Book for Nook



     Topper was having some trouble, and I knew he would have to go into the vet clinic. 

     This was unusual because our spoiled kitty usually sees a special veterinarian who makes house calls--mostly because he throws such a fit when he has to ride in the car.  

     However, everything indicated that this problem would require some lab work. He had stopped eating, drinking water, and was making repeated trips to his litter box.

     He insisted in a loud "Meow" that I do something about it, so I reluctantly shoved him into his hated carrier and took him in.  We came home with two weeks worth of antibiotics--pills to be administered after eating by tossing down his throat twice a day.

     The medicine didn't settle very well in his little cat stomach though, and Topper soon began to be sick at about 3:30 nearly every night.  First I reassured him with appropriate sympathy. Then I had to disinfect spots on the carpet and by the time I finished with that job, I was wide awake. 

     I knitted a lot in those cold, dark hours.  

     At the end of two weeks, Topper went in for a recheck, and the lab report declared that he was cured (though he may have used up two or three of his nine lives).

     ...Cured of everything, that is, but his mistrust and anger--all aimed at me, his faithful nurse. Go figure!

     The photo above was taken during that period of time. At first glance he appears to be sweet and relaxed, but look again.  His eyes are blazing with fury.


*****

     I am happy to report that Topper finally recovered his gentle personality and resumed his job as "Author's Muse" while I published his illustrated ebook for Barnes and Noble's Nook readers. (It was already available on Amazon for their Kindles.) 




     The ebook has a reading level of 4.3 and is entitled In the Mind of a Cat by Lynda.  It sells for $2.99, and is available for computers as well as many mobile devices.

     In gratitude for your support and continued interest, I thank you and Topper thanks you.


     Until next time...


     Please keep reading! 


      

     

2 comments:

  1. I think his eyes look like he is thankful. Daisy was just spayed and I couldn't help but think she was mad at me, now I know she's fine and loves me just the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My reaction was probably more about me than it was about Topper. Thank you Lynn.

      Delete