Saturday, October 19, 2013

#26 Halloween eBooks

     Before I begin to discuss the announced subject of this post, I would like to welcome a couple of new members to our audience.  My stats page indicates that readers from Puerto Rico and Luxembourg have recently joined us.  The strength and universal support for children's literacy continues to amaze me.

     This blog, Ebooks4kids.blogspot.com and my other one at jumpup2chapterbooks.blogspot.com have a combined readership from 59 different countries.  It is wonderful, isn't it?!

     Now about Halloween.  The holiday continues to be controversial.  When I was a teacher in public schools, I tried to be sensitive to my parents' values.  We celebrated with a "Fall Festival" instead of a Halloween party. We decorated with fall leaves, did pumpkin math activities, and made root beer.

     However, at home our daughters dressed up in silly costumes and celebrated in a traditional "trick or treat" experience with the rest of the neighborhood .

     I offer the following list only to those of you who wish to have it.  You may want to order a title or two for your favorite goblin's Nook or Kindle because books can make a tasty treat too.

     And Grandparents, have you ever considered the convenience of emailing a gift card for books to that little someone in your life? Amazon.com and Barnesandnoble.com both offer such a service for you. Just click on the words "gift cards" on their home pages.

*****     

     Here is the list I promised. The following eBooks are available for both Kindle and Nook eReaders from their respective vendors:

     Picture Book

          Berenstain Bears Trick or Treat by Stan Berenstain
                (This one is also available in a "Read and Listen"                              version from Barnes and Noble)

     Emergent Readers

          Boo...and I MEAN it! (A Junie B. Jones book) by Barbara                   Park

          Haunted Castle on Hallows Eve (Magic Tree House                           Series) by Mary Pope Osborne

     Independent Readers

          Bunnicula by Deborah and James Howe

          The Witch of Blackbird Pond (the 1959 Newbery Award                      winner) by Elizabeth George Speare

*****
      Next month I will publish a list of Thanksgiving titles, and in December I will post some of my favorite Christmas ones. Don't forget that eBooks make wonderful last minute gifts for holidays because they can be delivered instantly.

     But if you don't mind waiting for a couple of days, you may be interested in knowing that my short chapter book entitled Margaret's Christmas Cookies has just been published in paperback.  I will announce the details in my next post.


     Just keep reading something else while you wait.






      

No comments:

Post a Comment